[Shop-talk] finding buried gate wiring

Dave C cavanadd at frontier.com
Sat Jul 27 21:38:48 MDT 2013

I rented the whole setup at a rental yard about 10 years ago when I had
to do essentially the same job; I have a 900 foot driveway and the phone
and power are in the same trench, and I wanted to locate the far end of
it.  I put the tone generator on the phone line shield and didn't have
any trouble following the tone down the driveway.  It was a setup
designed for underground wires, not walls or other locations.