[Shop-talk] Better get Maaco?

ElanS4 ElanS4 at cox.net
Fri Jul 26 15:46:00 MDT 2013

Bob Kegel wrote"

> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Better get Maaco?

It's been about 30 years since I even knew anyone that went to Maaco, but...

They do a good paint job.
They do not do good body work (slap on 3 inches of Bondo and call it good.
They do not remove the trip, they just paint over it.
They barely cover the rubber around the windows - all of them had paint on
the window rubber.
Etc.

But...

If you did the body prep, removed the trim, lights, grill, door handles,
etc. you got a decent paint job.  They were good at spraying paint that
lasted, just didn't have the time to do any of the prep work.

Me?  The couple of times I needed a good paint job, I took it to friend's
shops, or a well-respected shop in town. (or even the next state away).

Tim Mullen