[Shop-talk] Alternative kitchen countertops?

Scott scott.hall.personal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:10:19 MST 2013

On 1/31/2013 10:03 AM, Karl Vacek wrote:
> Makes a decent
> surface plate for precision measurements too, when Jill's not around...

Heh. I mentioned that once a few years ago. I'm not to do that, ever,
and she'll know if I do it.

The really scary part of that was that I'm pretty sure she would know. I
suppose I'm really married now.

> Uba Tuba (a really common and beautiful dark-green/black granite) can be
> under $25 per square foot installed.  And try to stain dark green and black.
> Our granite guy friend now also offers really economical granite from China.
> Some of that is sub-$20 per square foot, installed.

It's cheaper to ship granite over the Pacific than it is to use domestic
stuff? That's impressive.