[Shop-talk] Alternative kitchen countertops?

PJ McGarvey pj_mcgarvey at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 06:54:25 MST 2013

I'll put my vote in for Quartz, specifically the new LG Viatera that Home
Depot carries.  Many attractive varieties not including what's in the store,
super smooth surface, non-porous, anti-microbial, heat resistant... and there
there were some promotions that really helped knock off  hundreds of dollars
from the new cabinets and countertops.  There were two price points $44/sq. ft
for ours, and ~$90/sq. ft. I think, so it can be somewhat affordable.
We should be getting ours installed on Tuesday, though the wait has been
longer than normal.