[Shop-talk] camry hybrids

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Tue Jan 29 11:12:07 MST 2013

  can we keep the my dick is bigger than your dick discussion out of the
hybrid discussion ?

  cuz if not, this is the internet and you will lose to me anyway.

  The issues with hybrids to me are that they are not fun to drive, I
don't care about MPG I care about fun.  No I am not rich but I budget
for my gasoline because the car I choose to drive gets such bad mileage.

  When my car was in the shop for its annual maintenance and new front
ball joints, they gave me a Porsche Panamera Hybrid to drive for the
week, it was a nice car but still not fun to drive.  I did not like the
transition from electric to gas, I hated hearing the engine shut off
while driving at low speeds.  But it did get up and go very nicely, I
actually had no issues with the function of the car just issues with the
lack of enjoyment.

  It also was way too big a car, cup holders everywhere, electric crap
everywhere, I was so happy to get back into my car with no cupholders,
no back seat, no cruise control, just the basics with a V8 and 6 gears.

  And just like my wife's car (Hyundai Veloster) which has lousy seat,
my friends Prius with lousy seat, the Panamera's seats were also
uncomfortable after a few hours in the car.  I am beginning to think its
a requirement for Hybrids to be uncomfortable.