[Shop-talk] Cutting roots

Peter Murray peterwmurray at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:04:31 MST 2013

If this is something you are going to do a lot of, then the reciprocating
saw may be the best option, since decent blades are very inexpensive. (I
like the DeWalt blades.)

I will say, though, that my first inclination echoes Tony Clark's
suggestion - use the chainsaw. I would use an older chain and not worry too
much about it. You can certainly also try to sharpen it if it gets too
dull, and toss it if it is beyond a sharpening. Chains aren't that
expensive, and you'd get through the roots much faster with a
not-fully-sharp chain than you will with a brand new 3TPI reciprocating
blade.

-Peter

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Elton E. (Tony) Clark <eltonclark at gmail.com