[Shop-talk] Tire Pressure gauges

Wayne wmc_st at xxiii.com
Tue Aug 13 12:13:03 MDT 2013

On 8/13/2013 9:25 AM, eric at megageek.com wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out how to get an *ACCURATE* tire pressure
> gauge.  But I have no idea how to check or calibrate them.

I'm rather fond of this thing from Advance Auto. think auto Zone sells a
similar one.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_tire-pressure-gauge-victor_1920154-p?searchTerm=tire+gauge

I have one in the car and another in the toolbox, and occasionally check
them against each other and they agree. And they were purchased a good
time part. Mom  & riend both have the same one and they are all
consistent. That's not "accurate" or "calibrated" but a generally good
sign. It has a nice bleed-down button, you you an sihtly overfill the
tire, then bleed down to 1/2 psi or so.

TireRack.com sale a bunch of fancy digital ones, too.

-wc