[Shop-talk] virus scanners

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Thu Oct 18 08:19:55 MDT 2012

At 10:02 AM 10/18/2012, you wrote:

 >AVG and Avast! seem to be highly recommended...

I'll second Avast.  I was running a corporate copy of Symantic/Norton
for years
on my home computer.  However, a virus managed to make it through.  I was
able to get rid of it, and changed to the free version of Avast.  I
have not had a
problem since.

The only thing I don't like about avast, is that when it goes out and
downloads
the updated virus definition file, it doesn't change colors or put an
alert in the
tray, etc.  All of a sudden your computer slows down, and only after
the file is
downloaded and avast tells you it has updated the virus file do you
know why the
computer slowed down.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction