[Shop-talk] Square Hole?

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:00:49 MDT 2012

I need to take a picture.  I actually have a HF drill bit that UNTWISTED
while drilling through a piece of steel.  It bit hard and pulled the 3/8
electric drill right out of my hand.  When I retrieved the drill I found
the bit had untwisted to the point that one of the flutes was straight for
almost an inch along its length.  I have never seen a drill bit this badly
mangled.  I can't imagine what it would have done in a press.