[Shop-talk] Square Hole?

Ian McFetridge shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org
Sun Oct 14 19:33:29 MDT 2012

If your tolerance are not too tight, you could do it like with wood:  drill
with a slightly smaller bit and then file (maybe dremel) out to square
size. (you knew this, but mentioning it for completeness)    If your
tolerances are tight, I think you may need to enlist the help of a machine
shop with something like a water-jet cutter.   A press and punch will do
smaller gauge material, but I don't think it could do 1/2" brass.

- Ian