[Shop-talk] Fw: car hauler advise needed

Matt mbarre at juno.com
Sat Jun 23 11:23:01 MDT 2012

I think the manufacturers purposefully bias their measurements to help ensure
haulers get adequate tongue weight.As a young and foolish teen I recall having
friends help me pull down the tongue on a trailer so I could get it hitched!
Luckily there was no wreck and I learned a good lesson.  I will occasionally
weigh the tongue weight now. If you aren't in a hurry, most manufacturers will
position the axles wherever you want them but you may have to wait and maybe a
little $$.
Matt