[Shop-talk] schumacher SE4022 battery charger

David Hillman hillman at planet-torque.com
Thu Aug 30 10:47:09 MDT 2012

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, Dan Fest wrote:
> I have a fairly new schumacher SE4022 battery charger.  It's a good quality
> one for trucks, etc.  We were using it the other day and it was working fine.
> While in use, we heard a click and it stopped working.  Is anyone
> familar with these ?? Does it have a circuit breaker of fuse ???? I'd
> like to try to fix it since it cost almost $350 last year.

    I have a different model Schumacher charger with the same problem.
Last year it just stopped working.  I thought the same thing you are
thinking, but when I disassembled it, I found no such easy fixes.  No
blown fuses.  I did find a loose connection, but that wasn't the problem.

    I never did fix it, and bought a replacement ( since my original lasted
many years ) instead.  Haven't quite brought myself to throw out or
recycle the broken yet, since it doesn't look like 'junk' yet ;)

    Good luck.

--
  David Hillman