[Shop-talk] alt or battery?

Tim tputland at charter.net
Tue Aug 21 05:37:28 MDT 2012

The key is fully charged.  If the battery is run down, it's not a fair
test.b

Any idea why the green bfully charge lightb is flickering when attached
to the battery and plugged in?

Pick up some battery clamps while you're there.b

Have set somewhere in the shop; time to either clean off a bench or buy
another set.

"Test both battery and alternator for freeb
. I guess I will be pulling
the alternator to get it tested. (pulling battery is easy, alt a little
less so.

Rapid clicks is usually a dead battery. Given the other symptoms, I
think the battery is worn out. Get a new one, and cables, or at least
new ends. Then test, or have Tested, the alternator.b

So it must be possible then for a battery b
eyeb
 to be green and the
battery still worn out? I will start with a new battery. I can pull the
alt but it would be a long process for me as I have to take my time and
not be hamfisted.

Thanks all!
tim