[Shop-talk] New PC (was Dead PC)

Wayne wmc_st at xxiii.com
Mon Aug 20 18:59:47 MDT 2012

Wow, surprised to hear so much animosity towards Dell. Sorry if I gave
bad advice; but I've only had good experience with them. Guess I need to
give Win 7 more of a test drive (oh shoot, 8 is out now or soon,) It was
doggy slow when I used it, but that was on a little HP netbook and
another laptop, neither of which were high end to begin with. I do still
like Win XP, and have boxes running it that stay up for months between
reboots. Killing the unneeded services and other tweaks make it run
excellently for me. Tho' I do use Linux to backup and load it... hmm.
   -w