[Shop-talk] Sawzall blades

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Mon Aug 20 08:02:47 MDT 2012

Nick,

I have used these blades on lumber and they work fine. A few points though.

Since you are looking at a set of blades, are you going to need them in
the future, or is this about all you plan on cutting? It will be cheaper
to just buy a couple blades individually.

When I cut this kind of material I use a 8 " or 12" blade, something
that is not in the set. You may not want to or not be able to  get the
saw right against the root.

If you find that the saw gets stuck, you can always cut out a notch like
you would with an axe to give you more clearance.

Last time I pulled a 12" stump we cut as many of the roots as possible,
then called a wrecker to pull the stump out. It had a large tap root
that we couldn't get to with any saw or axe.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake nick brearley, On 8/20/2012 3:50 AM:
> Got to remove a tree growing beside the shop and I've been wondering
> about using a Sawzall type saw for cutting the roots. Getting tired of
> swinging an axe in close quarters.
>
> Looking on ebay I came across these   http://tinyurl.com/8fcvykz and
> wondered if anyone had experience in using these, or similar, for this
> type of job.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.
>
> Nick Brearley

Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice		5026 FM 2001
Pat at HorneSystemsTx.com	Lockhart, TX 78644-4443
www.hornesystemstx.com