[Shop-talk] off-topic a LITTLE, its for the shop

Mike Rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Thu Apr 28 10:16:21 MDT 2011

  I am looking at buying some equipment for my garage and according to
the website its 320lbs, 60"x20"30, the guy that has it is in NH (03748)
and I am in S. Calif. (93105), he says the last person who looked at
buying in S. Calif. was quoted $150 for shipping and backed out because
of shipping costs. I am willing to pay that shipping cost for this unit
but everywhere I go on the web starts at $525 and goes up to $650.   I
know it can be cheaper if I go terminal to terminal and he is willing to
take it to one local to him, my closest would be in Oxnard about 1 hour
away.   How do I get this thing shipped CHEAP, I did try the standard
ones like UPS but they wont do that weight and looking on the web just
seems to get the expensive ones.

     mike