[Shop-talk] Motion sensor lights in the wind

Tim tputland at charter.net
Sat Nov 27 06:23:02 MST 2010

Closest trees are beyond the range of the sensor. There is nothing in the range of the sensor that could move in the wind. I guess there must be enough vibration of the cheaply built menard garage kit to set off the sensor. Yet another reason to tear this POS garage down and start from scratch.

Tim

---- Jim and Kathy <Jandkstone99 at msn.com> wrote:

Are there trees nearby? I had this problem with the light I put on my garage, due to tree limbs that were nearby.  I tried pointing the sensor as far away from the tress possible, but they still set it off.  I finally decided that part of the problem was that I had mounted the light too high up (ignoring the maximum recommended height from the instructions) and relocated the sensor to a lower spot, which solved the problem.

Sent from my iPad