[Shop-talk] Motion sensor lights in the wind

Tim tputland at charter.net
Thu Nov 25 20:34:37 MST 2010

I am on my second set of motion sensor lights on my detached garage. The first set (turned out to be) was an elcheapo $25 buy from costco. It lasted about 3/4 of a year before the sensor stopped working: motion would set the lights off but then they would not shut off. Now I have a set working from ACE. The retail cost was about $55. This set seems to be working fine.

My problem is when it is windy. Both sets have acted the same in the wind: Pretty much no matter the wind speed, they get (got) set off. I have the current fixture on the least sensitive setting and it still just "flashes" all night with the wind.

Is there anything I can do?

I would be more than happy to send pics to any one who might be able to help if they thought seeing the set up would help.

TIA!

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns