[Shop-talk] Brake squeal

crothfuss at coastalnet.com crothfuss at coastalnet.com
Tue Sep 22 14:04:41 MDT 2009

Mark,

   I use two 80 grit adhesive sanding discs stuck together.  The back one keeps them in place on the bench while you sand the face of the pad.  You'll see it get dull in the places where you've sanded pretty quick.  You want to be sure your base surface is flat when you do this.  It doesn't take much off, but it can make a world of difference.

Chuck