[Shop-talk] Leaf Blowers, The new air compressors?

Mullen, Tim (IS) Tim.Mullen at ngc.com
Thu Oct 29 15:17:29 MST 2009

> Should I just bite the bullet and get a backpack for about
> twice the price?

Several years ago (maybe 8?) I bought a refurbished Homelite Backpack blower
from Harbor Freight.

It's been going strong ever since and it's really easy to use.

I also have the same basic blower in a hand held that someone gave me.  It is
very hard to control as the blower "blows" itself all over the place - it's
hard
to hold it pointed where I want it to go, especially if I'm swinging it back
and
forth (the gyroscopic effects kick in to and tries to move it where I don't
want
it to go.

Spring for the backpack blower if you need any blower at all.  It was the best
$99 I ever spent.  :)  If I had to replace it, I'd still get another backpack.
And it doesn't have to be a top dollar, big brand version, it's not like it's
going to get a lot of abuse - it's just going to be blowing a lot of air (it's
hard to overload it doing that).

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA