[Shop-talk] Magnetic signs.

Mark mark at nashvilletn.org
Sun May 17 13:00:05 MDT 2009

I once put a pair of magnetic stone chip protectors on a new Z3.  After a
few weeks I took them off to wash under them and found that they had
discolored the paint.  I don't know why or if it was something unique to the
material but it took a couple of hours to buff out the lighter colored
patches.  Needless to say they ended up in the trash!

Mark
Nashville

Listers,

A computer challenged friend of mine would like to put magnetic business
signs on the doors of his new pickup.  He's afraid of damaging the
finish/paint.  Do any of you have any experience with those?  Or
perhaps, any precautions he might take first.

Many TIA,

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA