[Shop-talk] sigh...now the pool PUMP is out

scott.hall at comcast.net scott.hall at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 12:22:03 MDT 2009

most excellent. have the capacitor, it is the right size, it fits in the housing...and I don't know how to hook it up. the blade terminals on the capacitor are not marked, there are just four of them in an 'h' pattern. I didn't note how the wires came off the old one, and neither a.o. smith (phone and web) nor hayward know. pool store will be happy to sell me a new one, though. :-)

so...I'm going to just hook it up. I figure the worst that happens is I destroy the capacitor, right? I'll just keep buying them until I figure it out?

or I'm insane and about to start an electrical fire and kill myself?