[Shop-talk] High-temp electrical insulation needed

Wayne wmc_st at xxiii.com
Sat Jan 10 07:10:00 MST 2009

Hey Guys,

I'm in need of some kind of high-temp electrical insulation.  Trying to
repair an electric stove-top.  The wiring to the heating elements has
some kind of braided insulation (maybe fiberglass?)  Manufacturing
defect got one too hot, and a 3" section of insulation is burned away.

I couldn't find anything at Lowes to fix it.  McMaster Carr has a couple
products that look promising:  high-temp braided fiberglass sleeve (no
mention of electrical properties), and high-temp silicone electrical
tape.  But I'd really like to get a hold of something locally this
weekend.  Suggestions?

   -Wayne