[Shop-talk] Sub Zero (Was- Freon Leak detectors)

Pat Horne pat at hornesystemstx.com
Thu Jan 8 09:31:48 MST 2009

On the bottom of the ice maker mold there is a thermal switch. If it is
not working correctly it can cause the system to dump ice early or late.

The problem I had with my ice maker is that the Teflon lining started
coming out in pieces. Sub Zero wanted about $250 for the ice maker, as
no parts are available. I found a fellow on eBay who sold me an ice
maker that was an exact match for about $100. Turns out the ice maker is
purchased from Maytag, I think. I don't have his email at this time, a
system crash wiped all of my old email away, but I can probably find his
contact information on eBay.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Matt Wehland, On 1/8/2009 10:10 AM: