[Shop-talk] Dimmable CFLs at Home Depot

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Sat Feb 21 08:48:22 MST 2009

When we moved to a new house ~3 years ago, it had zillions of those ceiling-mounted 65-watt reflector bulbs.  Then I saw that the local hardware store had a real good subsidized price on "Feit" brand reflector bulbs, so I bought a dozen.  At this point, there are only one or two left in servixe, the rest have all burned out.  I had left incandescent bulbs in s few places, and I found that the Feit bulbs burned out about as often as the incandescents.

Since then I have generally bought GE or Philips, and they seem to last longer.  Of course, they are all made in China...

Doug