[Shop-talk] Water softeners - wrong link the first time!

Wayne wmc_st at xxiii.com
Thu Feb 12 08:34:59 MST 2009

Brad Kahler wrote:
> Matt, thanks for the info.B  We need to get our water tested to see what its
> composed of.B  If it is mainly calcium carbonate I'll have to look closer at

I'd definitely get it tested first.  As a child, I remember my nutty
grandfather constantly tending to his water softener that he
(erroneously) thought was going to remove the iron in his water...

I used these guys for a test a couple years ago:  http://www.ewatertest.com/
I can forward a copy of their report to anyone interested.  It shows
what they [supposedly] test for and the limits.

   -wayne