[Shop-talk] Storing boxes

Bill Rabel brabel at dlux.net
Thu Aug 28 21:45:27 MDT 2008

> Do you have any clever ideas for storing boxes of varying sizes?

I was at an auto-parts warehouse year ago and stole one of their ideas.

I built a rectangular frame and stretched netting across it. This is
suspended by ropes from my garage ceiling. The ropes diverge as they
run up from the corners of the frame -- this way the frame does not
swing.

I throw all empty boxes up there. Any box can be easily retrieved by
using a broomstick to prod the box over the edge.

- Bill Rabel
   Wet Spot Garage
   Anacortes, WA
   '04 Jaguar XJ8