[Shop-talk] WOW, I never thought I'd say this about Harbor Freight!

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Oct 25 15:42:01 MDT 2007

>  Wasn't a scroll saw originally a more refined, professional
> version of a
> jig
>  saw that had additional control over the direction of the blade or
> something
>  like that ??  Like those big old Delta scroll saws I used to see ??

I was told that a scroll saw supports the blade from both ends (allowing use
of very thin blades for turning sharp corners), while a jig saw only
supports the blade from one end (requiring a thicker blade).   A sabre saw
is more like a Sawz-all, but also only supports one end like a jig saw.

Randall