[Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?

scott.hall at comcast.net scott.hall at comcast.net
Thu Nov 29 09:47:42 MST 2007

wandered into a pawn shop next to a client yesterday.  they've got a new-ish looking set of harris gas gauges and a torch for $98 (or$89).  I've been wanting to practice gas welding and get better/good at it.  is harris good stuff, or should I stay with...oh, I forgot the name but you know, the big name guys?

they've got an al. blue point 'race' jack.  I need a new floor jack anyway, but it's a little scuffed up and it's a 1.5 ton capacity.  I guess the question there is has anybody had to rebuild one of these, and was it okay (i.e., can I get parts, and get them from somebody that speaks english)?  and if you've got one, do you like it?

thanks.

scott