[Shop-talk] Does the ground ground?

Pat Horne roadsters at hornesystemstx.com
Sat Nov 10 20:53:20 MST 2007

James,

Possibly. It depends on what soil you have. If it is sand, then it is
not grounded well, but if it is clay that stays somewhat moist, then
yes, it is grounded. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. If you are
are concerned, add a GFCI at the house to monitor that circuit.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake JAMES STONE:
> I replaced a porch light today and discovered that it was only wired with 14-2
> wire without a ground.  Since the light pole is set in concrete and buried in
> the ground, is it grounded?  Just curious.

Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice		5026 FM 2001
Pat at HorneSystemsTx.com	Lockhart, TX 78644-4443
www.hornesystemstx.com