[Oletrucks] Two basic questions

Harry Spencer spencer-h at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 31 21:14:06 MDT 2015

Hello All. I’m thinking many of you know these answers off the top of your
heads. My 1955 First series Chevy is finally ready for an engine, tranny and
rearend.

I’ve got a 350 out of an 1985 Suburban but need a trans. I want a 700 R4.
>From what I’ve read, the best years are 1987 to 1992. I’m trying to avoid
all the computerization. Any thoughts and suggestions?

What is the ideal width for a rearend? I’m looking at a 2000 Camaro 10 bolt
that is 65 and ½ wide.

I’m building this on a budget of course. Think driver, not horsepower.

Thanks.

Harry

1955 First Series