[Oletrucks] exhaust leaks

Bob Chansler bobchansler at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 16:19:39 MDT 2012

I have been chasing an exhaust leak for awhile and can't seem to fix it. I
disconnected the fan belt so I could hear the leak and it seemed to be coming
out around the front exhaust port. I tried tightening up the bolts but that
didnt stop it so I decided to put in a new gasket (what a pain). I put a
straight edge on the manifold when it was off and it was very flat. I cleaned
the surfaces and put on a new gasket. I even put some red sealer on the gasket
when I put it back together. After I fixed the oil pressure line to the guage
( I dropped a wrench on it), I started it up today.
It is worse than it was
before. It's as loud as if the exhaust pipe was not even connected. I felt all
around for leaks ( the belt is still off) and didn't find any. The truck is
also running very badly. I have to keep the choke out to even keep it running
(that would seem like an air leak although I'm not sure from where). I was
also down a gallon of water in the radiator. Could this be a blown head
gasket? There is no water in the oil.
After it cools down, I'm going to
loosen all the bolts and tighten it up again. After that I havent a clue. I
hate to have to take it somewhere, but I'm not sure what else to do.
Any
suggestions?
Bob Chansler
Mead, CO