[Oletrucks] Truck Engines

Bob Keeland keelandb at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 17:48:38 MST 2011

In the old truck magazines they seem to emphasize larger and larger engines. For my '51 I currently have an old 283, but I'm not sure that it is still any good. As I intend to use the truck for daily driving and light duty (like hauling horse feed) I don't feel that I need a really big motor. Even a v6 would be fine. I have a v6 with 265,000 miles on it in another truck (1998 model). Does anyone know of a 300 ci or less diesel engine (not a converted regular gasoline engine) that they can recommend? I've probably asked this question before, sorry if so. The memory is not what it used to be.
BobK
1951 5-window 3100
1998 Dodge RAM
1999 Harley Sportster 883