[NOBBC] NEXT RIDE

Gary Germano garywgermano at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 09:52:43 MST 2013

Hi John and All,
This Saturday, November 16, the MG club is having a North and South Peninsula tour, meeting at  Pigeon Point Lighthouse (about 5 miles south of  Pescadero) for the lighthouse's 141st anniversary .
Anyone from the NOBBC is invited to come.
The "far north" people (thats us) are meeting at the Park and Ride lot, just off 101 at Smith Ranch Road in San Rafael, and departing from there at 9:15 AM.
>From there we will meet the main north group in San Francisco at Stonestown, and go out to the coast for the drive.
Here is some information on the run:

MG 2013 Pigeon Point TourSaturday, November 16, 2013It's time once again to take a scenic drive, have lunch along the coast, and visit a lighthouse.
Tour: We're going rain or shine, so bring a waterproof car if it looks like rain. Both tours will be on the peninsula, with the northern tour (from San Francisco) spending a lot of time on the coast, while the southern tour (from Los Gatos) goes up the peninsula's central ridge before dropping down to the Pacio,c.
We'll rendezvous in Pescadero by 12:30 for the lunch stop. You're free to dine wherever you'd like in town, and then we'll saddle back up at 1:30 for the o,nal few miles to Pigeon Point. This Saturday is the 141st anniversary of the Pigeon Point lighthouse. Though they can't light up the original o,rst-order Fresnel due to construction work on the lighthouse tower, they've moved the lens down to the Visitor Center for you to see up close. The complete lens assembly is about eight feet tall and very impressive. In addition to the Visitor Center, their museum and other exhibits will be open and staffed.
So there you have it. If you have further questions, send an email.
Best regards,
Gary and Janet'70 Yellow MGB