[Nobbc] Names for Roland's pics

Walter & Gwen Kilchherr wkilch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 12:46:32 MDT 2011

Hi Clif
Glad to see I'm not the only fool to go through a great deal of work to polish
a turd. Not that I don't love Spridgets, but they're just not that valuable.
The buy now price of $16k is crazy. You could buy an excellent Bugeye for that
price. Way better investment.
The guy did a very nice job though. Greg is right, the hod and trunk lid don't
fit that well. They are very hard to fit properly. The wood dash is one of the
nicer home-mades. A 4 point harness without a roll-bar is a bit silly. The
paint at the bottom of the rear fenders will be blistering soon where he
bondoed over the rust (probably at the door posts too). The undercoating is
unnecessary, hides rust and would make the next restoration that much more
difficult. I would think the most he could get would be around $8k(on a good
day).
And another thing..........doesn't Austin Healey sound better than MG.
There is a '62'(same year as my yellow one) Sprite on Craigslist now for $5500
in Sebastopol. I would check it out. There is a '71' on Ebay in San Jose for
$6k too.

My free humble opinion.......worth every penny.

I would be happy to look at it with you if you'd like.

Walter
707-738-7713