[NOBBC] TODAYS RIDE

JOHN KENNER jkenner at tamcab.com
Sat Oct 22 18:20:05 MDT 2011

Today Deano took us up Pine Flat Road almost to the top.

This is a road that goes to the Geysers in East Alexander Valley. The view
from up there is astounding.

It turns out that Levi Leipheimer trains there twice a week when he's home.

It climbs 3150 feet in 11.3 miles and is very steep. We saw plenty of (
crazy? young?) bicycles on the road.

Here is a link to a video of Levi descending Pine Flat Road.

http://vimeo.com/8939902

I'm not sure but I think he can take it faster that I could in my MINI.

After going up the road the 6 of us in 5 cars went to lunch at Catelli's in
Geyserville and

had a very pleasant time.

Lesson for today: you never know what's going to happen at a ride

until everyone shows up and talks it over.

Next ride is on November 19th unless someone wants to set one up before
that.

Happy Trails,

P.S.  Charlie got a MINI S Clubman. Smart man that Charlie!

JOHN KENNER

510 231 6803 OFFICE

415 806 2457 CELL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of image001.png]