[NOBBC] Message delays, dropped emails

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:51:16 MDT 2011

Hello,

I've had a couple of off-list inquiries into why there is a delay of
from one to many hours between when a message is posted to when it is
distributed to the email list.

According to comments by Mark Bradakis on the Triumph list a week ago or
so, there is some undiagnosed issue with the autox.team.net server. Our
list does not require moderator approval for members, so all delays are
down to whatever may be happening with the server that hosts this email
list.

I also see that several emails I sent about the new Yahoo Group
apparently did not get distributed, which is why the invitation took
some folks off-guard. Here's what I wrote about it.

Greg Tatarian

> Hi Folks,
>
> Some of you only want notices of drives, and others want to chat,
> share info or post photos. Ron set up Facebook for those who want the
> latter, but no new members can join because we don't have
> administrator access.
>
> I previously set up a Google Group for the club but it was a real PIA.
> Tom Reier kindly established a new Yahoo Group for the NOBBC, which is
> much easier to use and has lots of nice features. I have added lots of
> photos, some links, and have slowly rolled it out to a few members
> over the last several days. We now have 6 members.
>
> You will continue to get club drive information on this list, but if
> you'd like more interactivity, photos, a calendar of upcoming club
> events, etc., and either can't or won't join Facebook, you are invited
> to join the new NOBBC Yahoo group.
>
> You can join with email addresses from Yahoo, Google (Gmail),
> Facebook, ATT.net, or pacbell.net. If you don't have one of those
> email addresses you will need to establish one (Yahoo is easiest, I
> use Gmail).
>
> Members will receive email invitations. The group is open only to
> NOBBC members, and is moderated. If you don't want to join, just
> delete the email, but hope to see you there.
>
> Greg Tatarian

Join the NOBBC Yahoo Group at: