[Nobbc] Fund raising for autox.team.net

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:55:57 MDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 6:37 PM, D Paige wrote:
> I'll get the info for Godaddy host site as soon as I can. Mostly my input
> for the website is paying the small monthly base rate for Godaddy. I get to
> it so seldom that I have to dive into my brain for the access. Will look
> through my passwords and see how to work the transfer.
That would be great. All we need is the user name and password so that
we can make needed updates and changes to the web site.
> My previous amour Jan
> Shapan set the thing up and I just paid the bills. Are there great problems
> with the list?
Do you mean this email forum? No great problems, but I'd say the main
issue is the inability for an administrator to handle blocking hacked or
infected emails, or assist members with subscription issues; the bigger
issues are the web site, which is way out of date, and the Facebook
account, which has no administrator, so no way to add new people or
moderate the content.
>   If not, the rest can be dealt with as possible. Most
> important thing for me is the list.
Just to be clear, when you say the list, do you mean this email forum?
As I said above, I think the web site and Facebook are the bigger concerns.
>   Getting the photos of rides etc could be
> supported with Godddy.
That requires a web master/mistress, since members can't post to the web
site. In order to allow members to post pictures, we need a photo
hosting site, or Facebook.
> Knowing of when and where we are going is primary in
> my mind.
That's one of the main purposes of this email forum, in addition to
providing communication among all members.

Here's how it is currently set up:
1. autox.team.net - this email forum. Text-based, no photos.
2. NOBBC.com website - our web presence, maintained by Tcherek, to be
transferred to Sheryl with another person as backup. This is where we
put information, photos, and general information about the club. It is
not interactive, but gives us a web presence on the internet.
3. Facebook - social networking site. Interactive, people can post
photos and info. Currently unavailable to anyone new to join - about 23
members now on it.

I have set up a Google Group, and started a Picasaweb account, but am
not pleased with either.
> More as I figure this out.
Even if you can't find the password, you should be able to re-establish
a password by calling customer service, since you pay the bills and it
is presumably in your name.

Greg