[Nobbc] Interested in horses? Wanna show your classic Brit car?

Greg Tatarian gtwincams at gmail.com
Thu May 26 09:08:27 MDT 2011

  Hello Members,

Gwen Kilchherr, wife of member Walter, has asked me to help her with a
project, which involves getting together about 6-10 members with nice
condition classic British cars that can be used in a small car show in
September.

Gwen's dressage horse organization is hosting an event at the Santa Rosa
Fairgrounds on September 17th. There will be wine and beer tastings,
food samplings, vendors selling horse apparel, etc., and a horse riding
performance which starts at 7pm for 2 hours.

Gwen is trying to put together a small display of 6-10 display-quality
(but not concours-quality) cars that would be positioned on the grass,
in a group in the wine and beer tasting area. Her intent is to provide
something that would appeal to those spouses and other attendees who
would appreciate a diversion from the horse-related activities, and of
course, good condition classic British cars are perfect.

The organizers will provide insurance coverage against car damage,
signage to help prevent the public from messing with the cars, as well
as help with supervision when needed if you want to mosey around the event.

If you are interested in participating, Gwen will provide free tickets
to the event. I'll be there with one or both of the Elans. If you are
interested, please send an email direct to me at gtwincams at gmail.com, so
I can keep track of signups and provide further details, or you can
email Gwen directly at wkilch at sbcglobal.net. I know it's rather a long
time until September, but if you have even an interest, please let me
know as soon as you can, so I can figure out whether we'll need to look
outside the NOBBC ranks for cars.

Cheers,
Greg Tatarian