[Nobbc] Step Up Folks

Andy Preston andypreston at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 24 17:01:20 MDT 2011

Hi Ron, for those members who don't want to go to the races I'll be leading
an MGOC tour of Sonoma and Marin and all NoBBC members who are not at the
track are welcome to join us.  Here's the info;

MG Owners Club

SONOMA - MARIN TOUR 2011

New Date:  Saturday, June 4, 2011

Organizers:  Andy and Marla Preston 707 795 3480

Meeting Place:  Sonoma Valley Bagel, 350 Rohnert Park Expressway, Rohnert
Park, Ca 94928.  Take 101 north and exit at Rohnert Park Expressway and head
west for = mile.  Sonoma Valley Bagel will be on your right.

Time:  Meet at 9:30 for a 10:00 departure

Tour:  This is the rescheduled date for the MGOC tour that was cancelled in
February due to predicted severe weather conditions.  This tour is designed
to attract MGOC members whom seldom drive north of the Golden Gate Bridge
because it finishes in West Marin and its a short drive back to Hwy 101.
The tour starts in Rohnert Park (where maps and directions will be handed
out) and from there heads west and then south ending up in Point Reyes
Station for lunch.

The first part of the tour will take us out through the backloads and
pasture lands of Sonoma County and through the historic towns of Valley
Ford, Freestone, and Occidental.  We will leave Occidental over one of our
favorite roads, Coleman Valley Road which will take us out to the Pacific
Coast and Highway 1.  The views on the descent of the surrounding
countryside and the Pacific Coast are stunning.  Our first rest stop will be
at the Tides Wharf overlooking Bodega Bay.

We will leave the Tides Wharf and continue south on the Pacific Highway
and pass through Tomales and continue along the shoreline of Tomales Bay.

Our final destination and lunch stop will be at Station House Cafe which is
located in the Point Reyes Station in West Marin.  We will have a private
dining room for our party and will be able to order off the open menu.

Please RSVP: to Andy or Marla Preston at 707 795 3480 or
andypreston at sbcglobal.net by June 1st. so we can confirm lunch reservations.

We look forward to seeing you.