[Nobbc] Happy Birthday Nobbc!

G. Mugele mewgull at sonic.net
Thu Aug 4 21:25:32 MDT 2011

Perhaps in tribute... Steve's TR4A... actually, what WAS Steve's TR4A
is mostly resurrected and running very sweetly.   Tonight she's
resting comfortably at Rincon Alignment where Gary is preparing to
operate.  She's getting new ball joints and probably much of the rest
of the front suspension re-worked.  Then there's the boots for the U-
joints on the rear axles to go on... the originals are badly torn.

After  nine months of work she now has a new wiring loom... all
completely redone and all components functioning.  Also the new clutch
and gear box are in and a joy to use.  Last week she got her voice
muted somewhat when Dave Crawford (in Sonoma) redid the exhaust system.

She's getting very close to being completely road worthy.... at least
to my standards.  Yet to accomplish is the new Wizard Cooling
radiator, pertronix ignition, and yet more cleaning of the crud off
her underside.
Then it's on to the cosmetics... she's going to need some treatment
for surface rust, some chrome/re-chroming, a replacement windshield,
some interior re-do and then, as you might expect with a 45 year old
beauty, some nips and tucks.

I'm sorry that she'll be unable to attend the festivities on
Saturday...  but she'll be making one of the runs soon.

Gerry

On Aug 4, 2011, at 2:14 PM, Ron Engelhardt wrote:

> Whoo Hoo! Nobbc is 10 today!

G. Mugele
mewgull at mugele.net

*** Why is it that when we talk to God we're said to be praying, but
when God talks to us we're schizophrenic?" -- Lily Tomlin