[Nobbc] TR4A is back in Calif.

wendell bain wbain at sonic.net
Wed Oct 13 15:22:21 MDT 2010

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for filling in the blanks. Might be a defective gauge.
The TR engine should hold 70 psi @ 3000 rpm when warm. Truth is
it will fall off a little. The TR-4 range also has a voltage
stabilizer for the
dash board electric items and that might be the culprit for the varying
oil pressure readings.

As for the ignition issue, Moss Motors has the entire Ig. Switch
assembly with keys
for $25.95 + shipping and tax. Their part # 542-070. It sounds to me
like
whatever Steve installed is not something Standard-Triumph would
recognize.
I might be wrong but both of the TR-4's I owned had a simple twist
the key
to the right until it stops, twist a little further and the starter
motor would
activate then let it go back to the first stop. It would either start
or you would need
to crank some more.... And no I don't work for Moss Motors.

As for the top, some of the TR-4 range had a roadster top or a
convertible top.
The cars I owned had the roadster top. So I may be in ignorance of
how the
other one works. The roadster top is pretty straight forward but if
you wait until
it starts raining to put it up, you're going to get wet.

Hope this helps.

Wendell