[Nobbc] TR4A is back in Calif.

rlmossholder at comcast.net rlmossholder at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 21:51:42 MDT 2010

Gerry,

Glad to read that you made it, sounds like it was a great trip.
I just rebuilt the engine for my spitfire. I have been told to use a racing oil with zinc. DO NOT use a zinc additive with modern detergent oils. It will gum up the detergent in the oil and render the cleaning properties of the detergent useless. The result will be contaminated oil, a clogged filter, and excessive wear on the cam and bearings. The racing oils with zinc are specially formulated to work with our flat tappet cams.

Just my 2 cents.
Rich