[Nobbc] The Spitfire is home!

rlmossholder at comcast.net rlmossholder at comcast.net
Sat Nov 27 18:11:12 MST 2010

John,

Most of the wiring is finished. The company I bought the harness from didn't include a wiring diagram or schematic, just a set of vague instructions. So there was a lot of trial and error. I made a multi-pin connector to make connecting the dash to the wiring harness for easy maintenance. The kit came pre-wired with a Cadillac fuse box and wiring harness. It has 12 circuits and standard blade type fuses. The quality is first rate, and the price was right, the directions were questionable. The fuse box also contains all of the relays for the horn and lights. I have also replaced the light bulbs with LED's. I need to make another multi-pin connector for the bonnet, and finish some wire routing. I have to wire a switch for the O/D solenoid, and hook up the reverse light switch, as well.

I think I'm a little too far along in the process of wiring to use that as a tech session, however, tuning the suspension could be of interest. The most challenging thing for me is to find the time. I'll try to get something together for December/January.

Rich