[Nobbc] TR4A Parts

Peter & Nancy Bergman BergmanIns at comcast.net
Thu Nov 18 17:36:51 MST 2010

Hi Michael,

I don't exactly remember the cost, but it was around $1700, which included
the new bell housing, mounts, speedo cable, an adapter cover for the Toyota
trans, to make the TR shift lever come out is exactly the right place,
hydraulic throwout bearing, driveshaft flanges and all hardware, nuts, bolts
et.c. to do the conversion.  I found a transmission in San Jose, which was a
W58, from I think a 85 Celica which I looked for because it has a fifth gear
ratio of .783.  The pickup truck transmissions 1984 to 1996 have a fifth
gear at .810, and I wanted the highest ratio to make the poor old Ferguson
tractor engine loaf as much as possible on the freeway. The trans cost about
$250, and happened to be in great shape. HVDA also includes new seals for
the front and rear of the Toy trans, so as to guarantee no leaks.  I did the
installation myself which wasn't very hard. The whole thing is the slickest
conversion I'v ever done, everything fit. I probably spent the better part
of a couple days doing it, with cleaning up old crap et.c. If you would like
to see it in person, and drive it, I would surely let you, but at this time
of the year we seem to have a lot of plans, but I do have some time here and
there, so let me know if you're interested and we can find some mutually
suitable time.  I live in Sunnyvale, but we could meet somewhere half way.
Herman is a very helpful person, and could likely recommend someone to
install the kit if you don't want to do it yourself. HVDA is on line at
www.hvdaconversions.com

Pete