[Nobbc] TR4A Parts

G. Mugele mewgull at sonic.net
Mon Nov 15 12:31:38 MST 2010

Wow!  You guys are terrific!

I was amazed at all the sources you all know.

Thanks ever so....

I have just order the e-brake assembly from Team Triumph.  They're in
Warren, Ohio so it will be some time before I know for certain how
happy I am with what they're selling but it seems to be exactly what I
need.

Thanks again, to all who offered suggestions.

On another front:  There is clearly a problem with the clutch which I
found soon after setting off from Colorado.   It seems to be binary,
fulling engaged or fully disengaged.  The problem source seems to be a
lack of lubricant on the splines causing it to bind on something.
Since any fix is going to involve pulling the gearbox and since I'm
not sure how good the box really is, I'm considering getting one of
those VERY expensive conversion kits and installing a toyota 5-
speed.   What I've learned about this is that it's a seemless (more or
less) conversion and that the 5th OD gives the TR reasonable highway
speeds without forcing the tach needle to twist to the right
excessively.  Has anyone here done anything like that and if so what
was the result?  Other opinions sought, if anyone has any strong
feelings one way or another.

Yes I know that it will take away from the originality of the car but
it's not particularly egregious.  I found some photos of a TR4 with
the conversion and it looks totally stock.... at least a glance.  And
heck... I'm gonna stick on a spin-off filter and maybe go to a
pertronix distributor.... so.... well....   she is a little long in
the tooth.

Gerry

G. Mugele
mewgull at mugele.net

*** The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self
awareness.  -- Annie Savoy