[Nobbc] NEW MORGAN 3 WHEELER

Tom Reier bluesson at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 17:47:32 MST 2010

 An OLD Morgan three wheeler, like a Super Sports with the big V-twin? First,
you have to find one, then pour out buckets of money. There was a beautiful
jet black resto super sports at that big hotel car show in Vegas. Type in 1934
MORGAN SUPERSPORT LAS VEGAS on google and it will come right up. I swear they
added that horrible side mount spare since I saw the car the last two times (I
always visit that room any time I'm in Vegas). It's not for sale now...but a
few years back it had a $75k sign on it. The thing is absolutely DINKY and
the driver being described as PETITE would certainly make it fit better.
   Problem is, those things are pretty unsafe. I'd want to spend at least an
hour in a parking lot just figuring out the controls on an original. The
throttle and spark advance are on the steering wheel, the shift lever (two
speeds) is OUTSIDE the cockpit, and the brake is on the floor as we're used
to. You could get mixed up real easy, and the BRAKES are positively antique.
   I'm betting the new one will cost at least fifty thousand american and
probably more. Make that sixty thousand american.
   I should show up in my Grinnall Scorpion tomorrow and show you what I did
for far less money. Faster and better handling too.
   I'd prefer to have a used TRIKING. Some of the guys in the club have seen a
couple of them when we ran to Bolinas and met the BOLINAS CYCLECAR CLUB (I'm a
founding member :-)) The Triking uses a sweet Guzzi v-twin and drivetrain, so
it's a shaft drive setup. Unfortunatley, the owner retired and no one bought
the company. I bought one of those around 1990 but the owner backed out on the
sale and returned my check.
   Anyhow, maybe I'll see you all in the morning.                 Tom
             Grinnall Scorpion #151
             2007 Mini Cooper S
             and still REGRETTING SELLING
             the original 62 Austin Mini Cooper

> Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 16:34:42 -0700
> From: nobbc at sonic.net
> To: nobbc at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Nobbc] NEW MORGAN 3 WHEELER
>
> I'm sure Tcherek will tell you how much the new ones are...You getting
> an itch John ;-0
>
> Ron
> 58 MGA
>
> John Kenner wrote:
> > Anyone know how much the new 3 wheeler is going for?
> >
> > How about an old used one?
> >
> > JOHN KENNER
> >
> > 510 231 6803 P
> > 415 806 2457 C