[Nobbc] Gauges

sales at mvgmoldedproducts.com sales at mvgmoldedproducts.com
Thu Mar 25 13:09:52 MST 2010

The oil pressure in my TR was pegged at 100 PSI, and oil was BLOWING out
through the gauge. I sent it to West Valley Instruments in Van Nuys to be
rebuilt. I was quoted
$70 and a week to ten days for return. I needed it back in a hurry, so for an
extra $25 it was rebuilt and retuned over night in working condition, cost $97
plus over night freight down and back. It worked for a while then failed
because my pressure was still at 100 PSI. I have Jaeger gauges and couldn't
find another, so I opened it up and found that it is literally just a soft
lead bladder that opens and closes like a watch spring with the oil pressure.
I found a small crack in the bladder, cleaned and soldered it shut and it has
worked for almost a year now. It was then that I found out about the pressure
regulator and adjustment screw on the filter housing. I adjusted the pressure
down to 60 PSI, and baby runs great now. I can't fault West Valley Gauge for
the problem, but have high praise for the service. Call Morris.

Michael 64 TR4