[Nobbc] Removal of breather pipe? MGA

Jim Christian jamesechristian at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 20:54:18 MST 2010

Mark,
When I bought my '68 XKE, the breather was connected to the air filter
by a couple of hose and pipe connections.  I talked to some other owners, and
most had simply capped off the air filter connection, and run the hose/piping
straight down to exit below the motor "into the wind."  Apparently this was
how earlier pre-smog cars were set up, avoided any oil mist up top, and didn't
trigger oil/fuel-mix issues or plug fouling in older engines.  So I've kept
the original bits, extended the breather to the bottom, and have no issues.
Just a thought!