[Nobbc] [Fwd: 2nd annual Marin Sonoma Concours d'Elegance May 16th 2010]

Rod Williams mowog at sonic.net
Tue Jan 26 19:49:57 MST 2010

On Jan 26, 2010, at 1:34 PM, Gary Phillips wrote:

> A couple things surprise me, like "it's too expensive".   I
> think last year's gate was something like $15; surely that's not too much.
Well, Gary, If I go with a spouse that's $30. Pick up something to eat or
drink and I've spent $50. It's one thing to do parts of Monterey and pay 30 to
50 bucks for the pleasure, it's another to pay that for a new show that really
doesn't have much of a record yet. My opinion is that a higher gate
pre-selects the audience in a way that results in a show that, for me, isn't
as much fun. I really get a kick of seeing casual visitors get excited about
the car hobby unexpectedly and it makes for great conversation on the lawn.
I'll spend the dosh for Pebble because it is a known, ten/tenths event. The
Marin show doesn't have the track record yet to warrant that for me. But, for
sure, that's me. Your mileage may vary.
--
Rod Williams
Petaluma, California